Saturday, February 1, 2014

A word to the hesitating blog peruser...

As the introductions to the Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators books sometimes famously said, "You are under no obligation to read a single word of this." ;-)
This is a blog filled with writings of various sorts that will hopefully now be better sorted in blog form. You can expect random observations about life and its mysteries, humorous anecdotes as they occur, poems, song lyrics, and some longer essays at times on various subjects- or maybe a mixture of all of the above. You'll probably also see a number of random pop culture references from various time periods and incredibly stupid jokes. Hopefully, it will all add up to be something positive and encouraging with each read- a respite from the world of myriads of negative voices and sinful enticements. Ultimately, you can expect to hear a whole lot about Jesus Christ because He's at the center of who I am and all that I do because He's my Lord and Savior. :-) (Colossians 3:1-3, Philippians 3:8). I don't claim to be all I should be yet; I know I'm not. I'm just a poor ragamuffin clinging to God's grace every day. And He is still sufficient for all my needs every day. His work of redemption on the cross- His death and Resurrection- has granted salvation for all who will put their faith in Him. And I seek to follow Him more and more closely each day. All glory and praise to Christ for everything. :-)
        Enjoy the blog and feel free to comment as you like- and I do hope you'll like it. ;-) Take care and God bless richly.

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." (Proverbs 25:11) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment