Sunday, March 16, 2014

An Innocent Lamb (song)

I have been wanting to post some of my various creative writings on this blog as well and this will be the start of it. I may eventually do some of those "throwback" days everybody seems to like to do that (or Lateral Lunar Calendar, if you prefer) and post some older material, just to have items organized individually. We'll see. For now, this will be the start. (I have a few others that I feel are appropriate for Easter that I will post as time progresses- including two others that I am considering sort of an Easter suite of sorts.)
       I particularly wanted to post this song since I just heard a sermon at an evening church service tonight about the very incident this song relays. It's a conversation between two men who definitely were not innocent as one explains to the other about the only One who can truly be called an innocent Man. And thankfully, because He has fulfilled all righteousness, we can have His innocence and righteousness imputed to us when we put our faith in Him. :-)

"An Innocent Lamb"
(parody of "An Innocent Man" by Billy Joel)
(parody copyright by Nathan Ludwick 2/6/2014)
(Luke 23:26-43, Isaiah 53, Psalms 16, Psalms 22, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Romans 5:8)

Some people stay far away from The Law
So there's no chance of them breaking it
Like (The) Beagle Boys they're just all blind guides
And hope that no one sees their stripes

Some people live with no fear of our God
They're an angry heathen prodigal
They will not listen to anyone
'Til nothing is left but their pride

I know you're only protecting yourself
I know you're thinking of nobody else
Come on, I hurt too
'Cause I'm on a cross
Paying up for my wrongs
You've been denying by your own appeal
That God above can do anything
So restore your faith in This Man
Some Pharisees threw insults at Him bold
Teachers, the elders, chief priests looking smug
They're only villains just like you and I

Because we are all in our sins, man
We are all in our sins, man
Oh, yes we are

Some people say they will only believe
The Son of God if He gets off the cross
But what they don't see- prophecy foretells
They heard somebody tell them before
Psalms 16 reads that God won't leave Christ
Instead, He'll raise Him back up from the dead
Psalms 22 says folks will tease and hate
Like what you said to The Lord

I know you don't want to hear what I say
I hope you don't keep turning away
Christ is pinned there and since He'll be revived
He can bring us back to life
When it is done God is through with our sins
'Cause God's own Son's beaten wounds heal us all
Pierced and bruised so we don't have to burn, man

Have fear for God- we're on a cross like Christ
The only difference is that He never sinned
And you know that we stand rightly accused
King of The Jews is an innocent Man
He is an innocent Man
Oh, yes He is
The innocent Lamb

You know you only cut yourself off from Christ
I guess you'd rather be a hater defiant
That's your decision
But I will not blow
Jesus' offer, you know
Our faith- it grants a resurrection from God
So Lord Jesus, I know I'm bad- here's my heart
Think of me when Your kingdom comes in

Well, He's my Hope- He's my miracle cure
And Jesus said today we'll be in Paradise
'Cause He was willing to lay down His life
Although Christ is an Innocent Man

Christ will be risen again
And then I'll live
In Heaven with Him!
Ohh!

............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment