Thursday, June 5, 2014

Forever Loved (song)

I just very recently completed this song and it's become very fitting for this next post. A dear friend that I've known since childhood succumbed to a battle with cancer and died just the other day. It was interesting to me that it happened I was celebrating my day of birth on that day- and then I also found myself mourning her day of death on the same day. It reminds me of Ecclesiastes 7:2 "It is better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting, for this is the end of all mankind, and the living will lay it to heart." A sober reminder indeed.
      But I take heart in knowing that as a follower of Christ, I mourn with hope. I know that my Redeemer lives and He will stand upon the earth at last. He died to pay for all sins and defeated death when He rose again. And because He lives, I know that those who put faith in Him will live too. And I know I will see my friend in Heaven again one day because we both put our faith in Jesus as Savior. Thank You, Lord!
        Thank You for Your eternal love that takes us out of Alphaville or whatever other town we live in and at the end of the ride of life takes us by Your side forever in Heaven. Hallelujah! :-)

Forever Loved
(parody of "Forever Young" by Alphaville; copyright by Nathan Ludwick June 2014)
(Acts 26:14-19, Jude 1:24-25, Philippians 1:6, Hebrews 9:27-28, 1 Corinthians 9:24-27, James 4:13-17, Psalms 8, 1 John 4:10, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:8-13, Jeremiah 31:3, John 10 [especially verse 10], Zechariah 1:1-6, 1 Peter 1:23-25, Psalms 103, Psalms 136, 1 Corinthians 15:50-58, John 3:16-17)

Life's dance is wild- we dance for a while
Heaven is waiting- we are watching the skies
Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst
When they go and drop the bomb, we're gone
We all die once but want to live forever
We don't have the power but we think science delivers
Flitting away like mist, life is a short trip
The funeral's where the ride ends
Can you but fathom when this race is done
Through the Pearly Gates into Heaven
Praising my Jesus He's getting me in too
My dues are paid by His cross, man

So there with God, I'm going to be forever young
Do you really want to live forever? John 3 verse, 16 yeah!
For God so loved, He sent us Jesus for our wrongs
If you believe- going to live forever
Forever, son!

Mother and father, brother and sister (and) me
We fade to memories and on goes the beat
Sooner or later we all will be gone
It don't take that long
It's so hard to kick goads without our God
You don't have to perish while you fade to dust
New life abundant (in) 10:10 John
Abundant now and forever
Eternity's adventures- more than we can say
As we read on- better than the last page
So trust in Jesus- He's taking all of our blues
In Heaven, they're untrue

Jeremiah- Love! 31:3- Forever loved!
Did you read it? You are loved forever by God the Good Shepherd
So there with God, we can all be forever young
Do you really want to live forever, and ever, in Heaven?
Go there now, bud- You need to read in Romans 10
If you believe Jesus rose by Father, confess Him as Lord, yeah!
Forever God's- you then are saved forever!

.....................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment