Saturday, August 1, 2015

Paradise in God's Time (song)

Do you ever dream about Heaven? Not just in the metaphorical sense, but also in the literal sense- do you ever have dreams of Heaven? I have dreamt about Heaven and the return of Jesus Christ at times. I know that my ultimate Home is there with Christ and that though I take comfort in knowing God is always with me here on earth, I know I am always a wandering stranger and foreigner passing through this alien land gone crazily awry with sin. I know God has taken care of that problem through Christ. I await the better promise of life with Christ in Heaven. And until such time, I live on earth seeking to do His will and be an agent of His change for the world, to show the world the kingdom of God as it reigns now and always has and will in the future. And that calls for endurance on the part of the saints. As James 1:12 says, "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love Him." And I know that everything that happens to me is tailor-made by God and is all part of His plan. One day, I will be walking the streets of gold by the sea of glass in eternal peace and joy knowing as I am known and serving The Lord forevermore infinitely better than I try to now- and it's all only through faith in Jesus, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. He died on the cross to pay for all sins for all time and all who put their faith in Him and follow Him have crossed from death to life and can know that they have been rescued from Hell and are instead destined for Heaven. And Jesus makes all things new!
I know that because of Jesus' grace and my demonstrated faith in Him, I will one day be in Paradise in God's time. Of course, there are times in the here and now on earth when I like to think of what it will be like and I'm gone to Paradise in my mind. :-) One day the faith will be sight- praise The Lord!

"Paradise in God's Time"
(parody of "Carolina in my Mind" by James Taylor; copyright by Nathan Ludwick 4/7/2015)
(James 1:2-4 and 12, 2 Corinthians 6:2, 2 Peter 3:8-9, Romans 10:8-9, Philippians 1:21-30 and 3:8-21, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 Corinthians 15:49-58, Luke 23:39-43, 2 Corinthians 5:1-10 and 17, Romans 13:11-12, Hebrews 12:1-4, 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, Romans 8, 1 Corinthians 2:9, Revelation 21-22)

In my mind I'm gone to Paradise- yeah!
Can't you see The Son shine?
Can't you just feel all good inside?
And it's just like the ending line
To "Once Upon a Time"
Yes, I'm going to Paradise, yeah- in God's time

Heaven- read Revelation
First earth passed away and like a bride
New Jerusalem in 21
God wipes all tears away from us
No crying when we're
Gone to Paradise, yeah- in God's time

There ain't no pain and no one's dying
With God, the former things are gone
He makes all things new- verse 5
And we'll praise Lord Christ forever
No dying when we're
Gone to Paradise, yeah- in God's time

And the light is God in Paradise, yeah
We don't need the sun to shine
'Cause Jesus is the Lamp light
Me and Jesus- we've been friends (a) long time
To see Him for first time-
Yes, I'm agog in Paradise (yeah) in God's time

Guarding angels at gates outside
12 tribes inscribed on them by a high, great wall
It keeps outside the dogs and liars
The seers, killers, immoral- won't
Be going- not going
They're gone to lake of fire for all time

With The Holy Ghost just constantly hounding
While I was in darkness and aloof
And I reached to Him, throwing all my sins to Calvary
Jesus forgave me- now I'm up and going to
Paradise, yeah- for all time

In God's time, I'm going to Paradise, yeah!
Can't you see the Son shine?
Can't you just feel all good inside?
And it's just like the ending line
To "Once Upon a Time"
Yes, I'm going to Paradise, yeah- in God's time
Going to Paradise, yeah- all through Christ
And I'm going to Paradise, yeah- for all time
Going to Paradise, yeah- in God's time
Home with God- I'm going!
Take Christ's grace and join me- come and go Home now
Got to carry on 'til last day- then I'm gone

.....................................................................................

2 comments: