Sunday, November 8, 2015

"Written Right In My Heart" (song)


Note: The next three blog posts are entries that I submitted for my church's Art Exhibit earlier this year and they were first originally published August 5, 2015 in the commemorative booklet detailing all the artists' work. :-) The theme was God's creation.

I have this creative output I want to share. This one is an actual original song (OK- original song lyrics anyway- I have no tune other than those famous “dah, dah, duh, dah dee” chords). But I felt inspired to write one night and had to rush to get pen and paper to commit it to page. It’s kind of talking about my vision as a writer and what I hope to accomplish in any communications. It’s also about the drive to write and Who really puts it there and hopefully uses it for His purposes. It’s all for You, Lord Jesus- and it’s all from You and because of You. Thank You.
(I borrowed a quote from Rachel Joy Scott about her reason for writing and I agree- it’s for the sake of my soul. There’s a play on words from “The Man of La Mancha” too. )


  

“Written Right In My Heart”
(original song by Nathan Ludwick; copyright 1/13/2012)

(Psalms 45:1, Jeremiah 20:9, Ezekiel 2:5, Colossians 3:1-3, Acts 4:20, Psalms 139:17-18, Psalms 69:9, Psalms 96:3 (KJV), 1 Chronicles 16:24 (KJV), Proverbs 25:11, Ecclesiastes 3:11, Matthew 28:18-20, John 3:16-17)
 
(Verse 1)

The quill quakes in trembling hand

The mind- a race of thoughts that land

Spilling out of control with anxious rush

Filling up the scroll from a heart that’s touched

Stirred by a noble theme in honor of The King

The Creative Passion that flows in the soul

 

(Chorus)

And it’s He who moves and breathes it on me

He whose thoughts for me are more than the sea’s

Grains of sand that fill my hourglass- they go past

The Maker of new things is making my new identity

One defined by Christ and not the embers of my old life

And He pours through me in every pore more and more

 

(Verse 2)

To write the unwriteable song is not my call

I write not for fame or wealth but the sake of my soul

I can’t keep His Word inside- it burns through my sides

Zeal for His house will consume me alive

 

(Repeat Chorus)

 

(Bridge)

Take my lips and let them be

Filled with messages from Thee

Take these clumsy words in me

To him who has ears to hear

May Your Love flood their soul

May they find themselves in You whole

 
(Repeat Chorus twice and fade)



1 comment: