Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ruth Clung to Naomi (song)

This song is a summary of the book of Ruth- one of the most beautiful stories of tenacious love and redemption in The Bible. When Naomi's husband and sons died, it was like her whole world fell apart- like God had dropped a bomb on her and rocked her world. There was a huge gap left in her heart- so much so that she preferred to be called "Mara" (meaning bitter) from then on. But Ruth and Naomi banded together because Ruth pledged to leave her home and people and follow with Naomi, her mother-in-law, and adopt her people and her God as her own. And God blessed Ruth by taking this Moabite girl, adopting her into His family through Boaz, the kinsman-redeemer for Naomi's family- and allowing Ruth's line to bring about His own Son who is the kinsman-redeemer for the world!

"Ruth Clung to Naomi"
(parody of "You Dropped A Bomb on Me" by The Gap Band; copyright Nathan Ludwick 11/22/2016) (originally written circa October 2015)
(Ruth 1-4 [particularly Ruth 1:14-18, 2:17-23, 3:6-15, 3:18, 4:7-12 and 4:13-22], Matthew 1 [particularly Matthew 1:5-6], Luke 3 [particularly Luke 3:31-32], 2 Corinthians 6:2, Titus 2:14, Revelation 5:9, Galatians 3:13 and 4:5)

Ruth was the girl who changed my world
Yeah, when my world went wrong
They bit the dust- sons and husband
Ruth then I urged to leave
But you turned me down, Ruthie

Chilion, Mahlon- my babies!
They're gone like Elimelech (So I'll turn back home, ladies)
That brought calamity, baby
So drop the "Naomi"

I went out full- Came back with nil
God dropped a bomb on me
Return there now- return back home
Orpah cut loose, but Ruth turned me down

"You've got me, Mom," said she- baby!
(Where) you lodge- I'll lodge with thee
(So don't urge me out, Mom- please!)
"Your God my God will be," said she.

Let's rock! Ruth 1:16
Back through Adam and Eve- came the woman's seed
And look on down the line- right there- Obed's the guy
Luke 3 reveals- yeah, it's for real
His line brought Hope, baby- but hold the phone
Let's drop back on Ruth's pages

Ruth's from Moab, you see- baby!
She dropped her gods and peeps
(And Ruth turned to The Lord, baby!)
Adopted Israeli as family
Ruth and her Mom journeyed (Back to Bethlehem, baby!)

Won't drop me, Naomi- hey hey! (Mmm)
Ruth worked for grain to glean
(She brought food to Mom-in-law, baby)
She stopped in Boaz's field, baby
They formed a bond quickly

Things were in motion- Help's right there open
Ruth is the girl he needs
Ruth works with his protection- turned out there's a connection
He's their kinsman redeemer
And he's turning out, baby

To be the one for me, says Ruthie
You knocked me off my feet (Swept off- oh, oh, baby)
Won't get the drop on me- reapers
You are the bomb, Boaz!
(I won't forget what you've done for me, babe)

I talked with Mom-in-law - hey, hey
At stop of barley reap
I dropped down at your feet, Boaz
(When) you'd nodded off to (uh) sleep

I-I-I
I-I-I woke you up- yeah
I-I-I
I-I-I hope for assistance

Ruth dropped a bomb on me- Boaz
You're blessed by God, lady
You've got a closer redeemer, baby
If he drops out, I'll redeem

Bye-Bye-Bye
Ruth you should- go, it's morning!
Fly-fly-fly
Fly on home- now in secret

Let's hash it out- Naomi's home
Elimelech's land's on sale now
(Do) you opt or not to redeem?

Agreed for now- but hold the scroll
And when you opt in, included now
Ruth comes along with the deal
He's backing out- he turned me down
And then we swapped out sandals now
I bought them back- redeemed

It's turning out to be Day Awesome!
(For) Ruth, Boaz and Naomi!
Peeps heard Boaz and elders signed off
He bought from Naomi

They witnessed now- the new transaction
He bought back Mahlon's things,
Elmelech's, all of Chilion's
He got a bonzo deal!

Return for now to lines earlier on
The part about woman's seed
Ruth married Boaz- God gave conception
Ruth had Obed baby!

It panned all out when all had gone wrong
God brought Boaz to redeem
Seek Matthew out and Ruth's in Chapter One
Her line brought Christ to redeem!

.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment