Sunday, December 18, 2016

Temptation Lies (song)

[Note: I'm dusting one off from the archives here. I eventually hope to transfer older writings and songs all to one central location on the blog (as I have a lot of songs and poems and devotional pieces, etc. that I've previously posted in other venues). In keeping with my most recent confessional post, I thought it would be appropriate to post this little parody song I wrote a few years back. It's still one of my favorites. :-) Enjoy this one from the grass roots movement I'm trying to do with this blog. ;-)] And this one is a 1960s classic here. Too many times we let temptation slide in and take over- it looks so good for food and it will make us so wise- or so thought Eve anyway. But Hebrews 12:15 says to see to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. Jude 1:12 describes some guys who are uprooted because they turned away from the Gospel of grace and turned it into a license for immorality. Should we sin so that grace will abound? By no means! We must hold to Christ who can deliver us from every temptation because His eyes saw it all and yet He resisted each one- and thus gives us the strength to overcome it too. Sin can look fun sometimes- but temptation lies! “Temptation Lies” (parody of “Temptation Eyes” by The Grass Roots; copyright by Nathan Ludwick 1/9/2011) (Romans 8:37, 1 Peter 2:11-12, Matthew 4:1-11, Mark 1:9-13, Luke 4:1-13, 2 Corinthians 10:4, Romans 12:1-2, Genesis 4, Romans 7, 1 Corinthians 10:13, James 4:7-8, Ephesians 6, Romans 6:14, 1 Peter 5:8-9, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15, Hebrews 12:15, Jude 1:12) Secret pet sin That lures my soul And You know- Don’t want to love it And sin lets me down every time Remake my mind In Romans (7:25) seven two five Old me- sin seems so inviting Don’t want to fall- Jesus, help! Chorus ………… Oh, temptation lies Looking for my, my, my soul (Well,) Temptation lies- it’s got me lusting Got to shove it aside (God, please help me escape it- yeah!) Sin’s wide-eyed innocence - A masquerade Cherub’s no saint Instead it’s Satan He’s got a way to keep me compromised It’s just a ride And he’s got Turkish Delight Old me- sin seems so inviting Don’t want to fall- Jesus, help! (Repeat Chorus) (I see it now) It’s right with me Sin and good still fighting Don’t have to fall- Romans 6! (Repeat Chorus) Temptation lies Looking for my, my, my soul (Well,) Temptation lies (1) One Corinthians 10- read 13 tonight ………………………………………………………..

2 comments: