Saturday, September 8, 2018

Manic Sunday (song)

      Unfortunately, I am often known for being late to things. It's not like I'm trying to but it just seems to happen that way. Sometimes I feel like the prince of being late. I'd like to think I could be known for being punctual all the time but then I'm also the king of wishful thinking at times. ;-) And of course, it always seems like it can be a hassle some days on Sundays just to get me to the church on time. Imagine how much worse it can be for the preacher! This is just a little ditty to give a picture of the craziness of Sunday mornings for pastors (and as a pastor's kid myself, I know how this goes a bit)- and a reminder that every day is the day The Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it. So bang a drum a little and praise The Lord!

"Manic Sunday"
(parody of "Manic Monday" by The Bangles and written by Prince)
(copyright by Nathan Ludwick 8/14/2018)
(Hebrews 6:10, Colossians 1 and 4:2-6, Psalms 118:24)

6 o'clock already- I was just in the middle of a dream
I was dissing Tarantino's new picture on the silver screen
And I can't be late or else I guess (the) pianist just keeps playing
These are the days when you wish you had a pastoral aide

(Chorus 1)
It was just another panicked Sunday (Ohh!)
And this is my Monday!
And that's what some say-
Why, I don't work but one day!
It was just another manic Sunday

Have to preach to early saints
Got to leave the church to dine
And if I had a chair, they're 'fraid
I still would be making point 9
'Cause it takes me so long just to figure out what I'm gonna share
Play that old refrain
Crank that "Just As I Am" 'til prayer

(Chorus 2)
It was just another Baptist Sunday
I wish we had liturgy
But that's not Fundie
'Cause we don't have it done that way
Not part of our systematic theology

Saturday night! Why'd my computer have to pick that night to shut down?
Doesn't it matter that I have to feed the flock, Jesus?
I'm going to drown!
He tells me in 6:10 Hebrews
C'mon- trust Me! God sees all you do!
Christ- He holds you fast (in Colossians 1)

(Chorus 3)
(When) it's just another frantic Sunday
I wish I was Sunday
Preach that fervently!
Get on Water Wagon- hey!
That's just another man's sermon, 'kay?
I preach- Jesus runs things!
Got that joy coming!
It's just an automatic Lord's Day!
.............................................................................




2 comments: