Sunday, November 3, 2019

Truth Springs Free (Glory Days) (song)

Note: This is an entry from the archives that I thought was appropriate with the new Mister Rogers movie out now, who is one of my modern Christian heroes! :-) This song pays tribute to a few of the saints who have gone before me that I can't wait to meet in glory days in Heaven!
...........................................


This one is my probably my third or fourth favorite from the boss of ‘80s rock. And it’s all about a number of my Christian heroes that have inspired me (although there are many others I could list than the song lists- like Rich Mullins, Keith Green, St. Francis of Assisi, Larry Norman, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Jim Elliot, my parents and family and friends and tons others. :-))
       But since I mentioned Mister Rogers earlier many times on this blog and I’ve espoused on something that was close on his heart (which you can read more about in “The Simple Faith of Mister Rogers” by Amy Hollingsworth- seriously, get it. I cry on certain passages in that book- so good!)- I definitely wanted to present this song of Christian heroes of the faith. I would have liked to known them, oh, but I was just distant- their candles burned out only for millions to begin. :-)) But we’ll meet in Heaven- and what a day- a glorious day- that will be!

“Truth Springs Free (Glory Days)”
by Nathan Ludwick copyright 6/25/2011
(parody of “Glory Days” by Bruce Springsteen)
(Hebrews 11, John 13:35, Hebrews 12:1-4,1 Corinthians 15:51-58, John 3:16-17)

I had a friend-Was a good next door neighbor
Back in pre-school
He would show that Jesus loves you
Make you look to your true worth
Saw him embody Christ- Mister Fred Rogers
I was watching him; he was walking out
13:35 in John- Francis (of) Assisi
Gospel he kept preaching without words

Chorus:
Glory Days- (in) the sweet by and by
Glory days- well, we’ll meet on a golden shoreline
Glory days, glory days

Well, there’s a girl that stood up for God
Cassie, you did good- gun took ya (to) Heaven
Columbine- I cry- Rachel Scott- sigh!
God has those two kids and their steadfast witness lives on
There was a woman- Corrie Ten Boom- yup yup
She hid the Jews from Germans- wow!
Jesus got her out Nazi camps of genocide
She went- Chinese people smiling
She was a tramp for The Lord now

(Repeat Chorus)

(Now, I) think ‘bout going up to go dwell with Christ
And I’m going to meet Paul and Eric Liddell
And I hope ‘till I get Home I won’t just sit ‘round thinking about it
But do God’s clear will
Yeah, just sitting back waiting for The Rapture
Belittles all The Savior’s love while lives slip away
In Hebrews 11, list of
Godly warriors in

Hall of Faith
Yeah, (in) the sweet by and by
Glory days- well, we’ll meet on a golden shoreline
Glory days, glory days
I’ll be there praising Christ
Glory days- in the twinkling of an eye
Glory days, glory days!

(Background vocals)
(How ‘bout this? It’s alright! Ooh yeah!
For all time! With Christ! Come on up! Oh yeah!
Get real life in Christ! Ooh yeah! Oh yeah!
All right! All right! Come on up! Ohh!
Woohoo! Uh huh! Woohoo! Oh yeah! Woohoo! Ooh! Woohoo! Oh!
All right- Joy! Keeps up rocking now!
Keep on going! ‘Cause we’ll be Home now!
Bring us Home! Yeah! Bring us Home! Oohh! Hold on! All right!
Yeah!
[We’re in Christ! (Woo!) x5]
-With Christ! Let’s Go!)
…………………………………………………………

2 comments: