Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Baby's Cry To The Lord (song)

I'm cutting right to the chase on this one, crew. I had the idea for this parody song a while back and I've waited a while to post it. It actually worked out to be good timing along with my last two devotional posts, as both of those inform the approach I am taking with this song. I want to make sure that I make clear that I offer this as a voice crying in the wilderness, looking to speak truth and life to a controversial issue of our day. Keep in mind that you can't always say everything you want to say in a song, but I hope some things come across very clearly in this piece. For one, we are all sinners in need of the Savior's forgiveness. And secondly, no matter what you've done, Jesus Christ loves you with an unending love- in fact, Jeremiah 31:3 says that God has loved us with an everlasting love! And that eternal Love has restored our relationship to God through Jesus' death and Resurrection if we will only trust Him in faith for it. And though we still deal with the consequences of a sin-fallen world, one day He will ultimately right all wrongs and make everything sad come untrue.

A Baby's Cry To The Lord
(parody of "(I Just) Died In Your Arms" by Cutting Crew; copyright by Nathan Ludwick 3/4/2014)
(Ecclesiastes 11:5, Job 33:8-18, Job 10:8-12, Job 1:20-22, Job 34:10-22, Job 34:31-33, 1 Samuel 24, 1 Samuel 26, Genesis 2, Romans 1, Romans 2:14-16, Hosea 2, Hosea 11, Exodus 20:13, Deuteronomy 5:17, Isaiah 65:17-25, Psalms 27:10, Genesis 9:1-7, Matthew 19:13-15, Matthew 18:1-14, Matthew 21:15-16, Psalms 116:15, 1 John 1:7-10, Psalms 130, Amos 5:24, Amos 5:14-15, Ecclesiastes 12:7, Ecclesiastes 7:27-29, Proverbs 31:8-9, Colossians 1:13-23, Romans 5, Isaiah 49:13-18, Isaiah 49:1-7, Jeremiah 1:5, Genesis 1:26-27, Psalms 140:12, Isaiah 57:3-6, Psalms 143, Genesis 4:1-18 (especially v. 10), Psalms 139:13-18, Proverbs 6:16-19, Isaiah 5:20-21, Isaiah 66:7-16, Revelation 21:1-5)

(Pre-Chorus)
Oh, I, I just died in your arms tonight
I must have been one of "those kids"
They'll just pry out my skull and spine

(Verse 1)
She kept looking for love but got pregnant
Broken hearts and lies all surround her
Abortion seems an easy way to get out of this

The Bible says- Isaiah 49- hey, ya'll
God forms us in the womb- knows us before the cradle
Who would've thought that our liberty would come to this?

(Chorus 1)
Oh, I, I just died in your arms tonight
I guess my mom had a death wish
Better I go than Mom tonight
"Just a zygote" quells qualms- not child
I guess we get one life to live
Unless you're borne of rape; unless you're their mistake

(Verse 2)
Is there any just cause for choosing life's end?
Job asserted The Lord takes and He gives
Colossians 1:17- by Christ all things exist

Life lost its value- didn't start with Roe v. Wade
(In) 5 Romans, the pox has been given by Fall's stain
So baby's killed from adultery and everyone's fine?

(Chorus 2)
Oh, (but) I, I just died in your arms tonight
Through murder- and yes, it's a sin!
I'll just fly to the arms of Christ
That's why Christ just died for our sins and did rise
I trust you know Christ can forgive
He shouldered all the weight; He's still there offering grace

(Bridge)
It was a long hard fight
Snake made it easy; he made it feel right
And now it's worded as women's choice and bod
The Law's been written on our hearts- we know it is wrong

(Repeat Chorus 2)

Oh, my blood just cries to The Lord
Oh, my blood just cries to The Lord...

-He's still there offering grace... (and fade)

.......................................................................................


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kevin. I know it's a controversial topic and I wanted to approach the issue- as I've been trying to remember with every sin- there's always a sinner behind the sin- and ultimately, we're all guilty and all in need of Christ's grace. And because I've freely received Jesus' grace, I must also freely extend it to others. So, much as it saddens and angers me to see the callous way human life is treated sometimes, I also want to remember that those who have had abortions are also still eternally loved by God who longs only to embrace and forgive them- and I hope to only reach out in grace and love too.

    ReplyDelete