Sunday, May 11, 2014

Take Me Home To Christ (song)


For those of us who know Him, He’s the sweet aroma of life- the power of salvation through God. And we want everyone else to come to know Him. So while I’m thankful for the ways He uses me for those ends while on Earth- and while there are things I’d like to see Him do here in my life still- ultimately, I just want to be with my Savior and family in The Lord in Heaven for all eternity. All the money in the world couldn’t keep me away. You can have all this world affords- just give me Jesus.

Take Me Home To Christ
(parody of “Take Me Home Tonight” by Eddie Money; copyright by Nathan Ludwick 4/17/2014)
(Romans 8:9-27, Philippians 1:21-26 and 2:1-11, Song of Songs 8:6-7, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:8-21, Romans 15:20-21, 2 Peter 3:8-9, Colossians 3:1-4, Psalms 16:11, Psalms 73:23-28, John 6:25-58 (particularly 6:35), Acts 26:28-29, Romans 1:16-17)

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Yeah, yeah-eeh, yeah-eeh, yeah

You feel a hunger- it’s a hunger
That tries the meaning we attach to life
I tell you The Answer- the signs and wonders
When you feel they whet your appetite

With Spirit power, sharing Jesus
For Heaven’s sake ‘cause all the cities are His alone
Emancipation’s coming through Him
‘Cause Christ’s the key Who turns this engine on

If you will believe
He can seal your heart (for) hereafter

Chorus 1
Take the road to Christ
I don’t want to let you go ‘til you see The Light
Take 10 Romans 9
Listen honey
Just like Romans said
Believe on Christ The Savior
Oh, oh, oh!

Christ has brightened me from all darkness
To live is Christ and I long to see God’s throne
Colossians chapter 3- In God’s my real self
I’ve been reborn and The Lord lives in me now

Phil. 1:23
I wanna leave; but church needs me here

Chorus 2
Take me Home to Christ
I just want to let it go and be in Paradise
Take me Home tonight
Listen honey
Just like Romans said
Read in 8:23
Jesus, we are waiting!

Just like what it says
In Psalms 73- it says
He fulfills my cravings
Jesus- my everything! Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
He feeds my hunger
6:35 [six three five] John- yeah!

(Repeat Chorus 1 twice)
(Repeat Chorus 2 [with background vocal- “He’s my everything”])

Chorus 3
Take this world- leave Christ!
I just want to let it go and stay at His side
Take me Home to Christ
Listen honey
Just like Romans 7
He’s my loving Savior
Jesus- You’re all to me!

…………………………………………………………


2 comments: