Saturday, September 6, 2014

Biblical (song)

A lot of devils have gone out into the world-a lot of false prophets are out in the world. And we must always be on our guard. Test the spirits and see whether they're from God or not. In a world of constant communication and instant information to access, there is a lot of misinformation out there as well. And we must be able to tell The Truth from all the lies. The spiritual world that's unseen definitely affects our physical world. And while we're out in it, let's get Biblical and know The Scriptures which are able to make us wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

"Biblical" (parody of "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John; copyright by Nathan Ludwick 6/11/2014)
(Deuteronomy 4:2 and 6:1-25 and 12:32 and 13:1-4 and 18:14-22, Revelation 22:18-19, The book of Jude, Romans 12:1-2, Galatians 1:1-9, Joshua 1:1-9, Romans 16:17-20, 1 John 4:1-6, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15, 1 Peter 5:8-11, Matthew 7:15-20, Matthew 24:4-14 and 24:21-28, Ezekiel 13:6, Ezekiel 22:25-28, Psalms 119:9-11, John 8:32-36, Ephesians 6, 2 Peter 2:1-22, Matthew 13:1-43, Acts 17:10-11, Proverbs 30:5-9, 2 Timothy 1:14 and 2:15)

You're saying all the things that you know I'll like- flattery, smooth conversation
I gotta hang on to Truth of Christ- I know what you seek
You twist grace to mean "sin and just do what you want"- bend Truth to subjective reading
Add something else that "God left out"- 4:2- check in Deuteronomy

Chorus
Let's get Biblical, Biblical- I wanna get Scriptural- Press it in my frontal lobe
Let me hear from God- He talks! So God, please talk! Let me hear Your Word be taught!

(Repeat Chorus)

1[One] in Galatians- read it good! If we preach different- or an angel-
A different Word- they're condemned, man- Proverbs says in 19
The Word sown- understands- grows quite a few- there grows seed on the good soil, see?
You gotta know The Word's teaching- Watch out! The wolves dress as sheep!

Chorus 2
Let's get Biblical, Biblical- I wanna get Scriptural- Press it in my frontal lobe
Let men all have lying talk, but God- He's true. Let me hear His Word be taught.

(Repeat Chorus 2)

So don't get cynical, quizzical- I wanna get spiritual- Let The Holy Spirit show
Let we read 1 John 4:1- 'cause God- He taught- Test spirits- From God or not?

They're heretical animals- roaring, evil lion-o! Read it in Ezekiel!
22- The Word- it talks! Our God's distraught- Let we heed our God- He talks!

Let we hear our God- He talks!
Let we hear Your Word be taught!

3 comments:

  1. I had the idea for this song for a number of years, but I just recently finally completed the parody. It is particularly poignant for me as it's partially inspired by some people I've known that I had thought were followers of Christ but then later I found out they were following heretical teachings about Jesus in different groups. It's easy to be led astray, especially if we don't know The Scriptures and know what we believe and why. Ultimately, we need to know Whom we have believed in and ask Him to guard us from falsehood and pray for each other that we may guard the good deposit entrusted to us through the help of The Holy Spirit and pray for those led astray to come back to faith in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good song! I see you've used a bit of Trini grammar in the song. Good message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kev. And yep- I snuck in some Trini grammar there- haha- glad you caught it. :-)

    ReplyDelete