Sunday, April 9, 2017

Hosanna (song)

Note: Here is another entry from the archives, just barely in time for Palm Sunday, depending on what part of the world you're in. :-) And I just thought it might be worth noting- I wrote this song back in 2009 or so and then about 2 years later, I heard ApologetiX release their own take on this same song with the same parody title. (And theirs is a great version too, of course!) But just for the record- I wrote this before I ever heard their version. And if you haven't heard this group- go check them out!

This is a classic early 1980s song. This is a song of praise to Jesus, describing the reaction of one who greeted Him at His triumphal entry on Palm Sunday. God so loved the world that He gave His Son to die for us and rise again! I can never get over God's love for us! It's so amazing! :-) Jesus Christ is worthy of all praise! Enjoy this musical account of the events of Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem- how quickly the crowds went from shouts of praise to shouts of "Crucify!" Thankfully, the story continues past there. Like Toto and Dorothy got home at the end of the story, Jesus made it back from the grave so that He could one day take us all Home in the end!

(Note: "bg vocal" just means "background vocal")

"Hosanna" (parody of "Rosanna" by Toto; copyright by Nathan Ludwick circa March 2009)
(Matthew 21, Mark 11, Luke 19, John 12, Psalms 84, James 1:17, Luke 6:23)

All I wanna do when I wake up in the morning is feel alive!
Hosanna, Hosanna
I never thought that a God like You could ever care for me- Hosanna

All I wanna do in the middle of the evening- behold Your might!
Hosanna, Hosanna
I didn't know You were looking to be all I could ever need!

Chorus 1:
Not quite a cheer since it meant "Lord, save"- Hosanna, yeah!
Twenty-one Matthew has to say:
Greet You on the way- Greet You Palm Sunday-Hosanna, yeah!
He comes in the Name- Greet You, Son of Dave- Hosanna, yeah!

I can see God's grace still riding through Jerusalem on a donkey's hide
Hosanna, Hosanna
I didn't know that a God like you would take a humble ride- Hosanna!
All I have will praise You- now You'll never ever have to bleed stones dry
Hosanna, Hosanna
11 Mark, 19 in Luke and 12 John- so rad!

(Repeat Chorus 1)

(Instrumental break)

Chorus 2:
Not quite a cheer since it meant "Lord, save"- Hosanna, yeah!
Now read on and I have to say:
Read through all of James (Yeah!)- One, one seven (1:17) says- Hosanna, yeah
He gives all good things (Hoo!)-Give Him all the praise-Hosanna, yeah!
Read Luke 6 today- Twenty-three- it's a Bonanza, yeah!
Leap pews- Jesus saves! Need You all my days- Hosanna, yeah!

........................................................................................

2 comments: