Sunday, January 27, 2019

God's Side Now (song)

Note: Here's another old favourite from the archives. I'm still looking as through a mirror darkly but I'm clinging to the Light and awaiting the day I'll see clearly from God's side. In the meanwhile, I try to keep in mind the look at life from both sides now, as Psalms 73 describes too.

* The Bible tells us that now we see God as in a mirror darkly but one day we will behold Him face to face! On that day, we will be able to say like Johnny Nash, “I can see clearly now”, when we are in Christ’s presence in Heaven. But until then, we look at God from Earth’s side now and keep straining to look with an eternal view to the day when we can look at things from God’s side now.

“God’s Side Now” (parody of “Both Sides Now” by Joni Mitchell)
(parody copyright by Nathan Ludwick 11/12/2012)
(Psalms 73, Ephesians 2:8-10, Colossians 3:1-4, Philippians 1:21, Philippians 3:7-14, Romans 6:1-2, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, 1 John 4:8-10, Galatians 2:19-21, Galatians 3, 2 Corinthians 5:7)

Oh, enthroned with angels there
A nice sea of glass is in the air
I’ll never imagine all that’s there
I’ve looked at God that way

But now I know Him- God The Son
He bade The Holy Spirit come
So many things I could have done
But God stopped me from pain

I’ve looked at God from Earth’s side now
With open heart and still somehow
A cloudy vision- that is all
(But) I will see (then) and know God in full

Cam, Simone and Ferris deals
The Dirty Dancing way appeals
My ev’ry fantasy comes real
I’ve looked at God that way

But now 6:1 and 2 Romans shows
You keep on sinning so grace flows
And you don’t care- you let it go
Don’t cheapen grace away

But look at love from God’s side now
He gives- we take and still somehow
‘Twas God’s Son choosing to give all
So we then could know God, you all

Tears and fears and feeling doubt
He says, “I love you” but somehow
“Needs to see good works first now”-
I’ve looked at Christ that way

2 Ephesians- by grace we’re saved
When Satan hits, I’ll say Christ’s Name
I once was lost but God regained
I’m living by the faith

I’ve looked at life from both sides now
To win, you lose and still somehow
In Christ, I’m losing temporal
I receive God’s life eternal!

I’ve looked to Christ from Earth’s side now
Through ups and downs, He’s with me now
For Christ, I’m choosing to lose all
My real life’s found in Christ, my all!

2 comments:

  1. Good parody on different views of our relationship with God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes, it's interesting to consider things from both sides and the ways we look at God.

    ReplyDelete