Sunday, February 3, 2019

My God Brings Healing (song)

NOTE: This is one of my favourites from the archives! The original song is a great party song that gets a lot of energy quickly flowing so it seems quite appropriate for the parody version I did, which is essentially a praise and worship song to God for all the many ways, physically, emotionally and most importantly spiritually, that He brings healing. :-)
.......................................................................

Well, here's another parody for you. It's a lengthy one, but it’s all about how my God brings healing. And it offers many examples in The Bible of how Jesus brought physical healing to people and of course- it also shows how The Bible explains how Jesus brings spiritual healing through salvation!  You may not like this parody any better than eating your black eyed peas at dinner, but I got a feeling you’re gonna like this one. ;-)

“My God Brings Healing”
(parody of “I Gotta Feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas”)
(parody lyrics copyright by Nathan Ludwick 5/27/2012)
(Matthew 11:1-6, Luke 4:14-21, Isaiah 61:1-2, Psalms 147:1-5, John 8:31-36, John 5:1-15, John 9, Mark 5, Luke 5:12-16, Psalms 23, Mark 7:31-37, Matthew 8:14-17, Isaiah 53, Exodus 15, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Psalms 103, Romans 5, Romans 10:4-13, John 20:30-31, John 21:25)

My God brings healing
In my life- go and read in John 9
I was blind, now I see all through Christ
I was blind when conceived so God could shine

For healing
Well, go right there and read in John 5
Paralyzed and I need some pool time
That’s when Christ came to me- made me walk right

It’s healing (Ooo-hoo)
Well, go right there and read in Luke 5
Leprosized and I need Jesus Christ
That’s when Christ came to me- sent it goodbye!

He’s healing (Ooo-hoo)
Well, go right there and read in Mark 5
Demonized and I need Jesus Christ
That’s when Christ came to me- sent it goodbye!

That’s why The Christ
Came live with us
Luke 4 now, honey
Get Kindles up (read)

Hearts’ wounds to bandage
Christ is my God!
Pump out that shofar
Let’s get Word out (for real)

I know that He’ll heal us all
If we get down and just bow
Jesus- move us all (kneel)

I feel blessed and
I wanna let you know
Just go pray now, “Save me now”
And give Him all control (feel)

Fills up your cup
Mazel tov!
Look how it’s spilling
Just shake it up (spill)

Christ saved us now
His love abounds!
We learned The Truth
Amen- look to 8 John then (free)

Let’s do it- look to it- just do it
32 [three two] in 8 John then- learn Truth and
He frees us up (free)

The Truth is like glue- it, resumes, renews, improves us
Christ Jesus re-dos us brand new- He (heals!)

‘Cause my God brings healing (Ooo-hoo)
Well, go right 7 read in Mark, a’ight?
Deaf and I really need Jesus Christ
That’s when Christ worked on me- (I) hear and talk right!

He’s healing (Ooo-hoo)
Well, go right there and read in Mark 5
“She is dying,” Jairus pleads, “Give her life”
And when Christ’s on the scene- raised her alive!

That’s why The Christ (Yay!)
Came live with us (He’s Christ Jesus!)
Matt. 8 now honey (17)
He took hurts up (Diseased for us!) (Real)

Took out our rashes! (Trashed it)
Christ is my God! (Christ is my God!)
Pump out that shofar (Come on)
Let’s get Word out (peal)

Fills up my cup (Read!)
Twenty-three (Psalms)
Look at it spilling (Oozing! Oozing!)
Just shake it up (Spill)

Christ saved me- wow! (Saved me- wow!)
His love abounds (Love abounds!)
I learned The Truth (Woooo!)
Amen- look to 8 John then

Let’s do it- look to it- just do it (Just do it!)
32 [three two] in- 8 John then (Read it) Learn Truth and
He frees us up (free)

The Truth is (Truth is)
Like glue- it (Like glue- it)
Renews us, improves us, resumes us (anew, yeah!)
Christ Jesus (reviews us), renews us (renews us), re-dos us (Yay!)
New in (Hey!) 2 Cor. (5:) 17!

He’s The One- He heals, yo!
Jehovah Rapha! (Psalms 103)

Read in Psalms- Healing flows
147 [one four seven] : (3- binds us up!) (heal)

Exodus 15- rock
Read it, don’t stop (26 rocks!)

You’ve looked ‘round, up and down
Around for God (God is in the Dock) (Real)

God came to save all names from burning (Choose Him!)
Died on Calvary but was raised on Sunday (Choose Him!) (Real)

Get-get-get-get-get Jesus!
I know you’ll be saved (saved!)
Pardoned for always
P-p-p- pardoned ‘cause He paid! (deal)

And He’s dealing (Ooo-hoo)
So tonight go and read God’s invite
Act tonight when you read Romans 5
That The Christ’s own obedience makes right (real)

He’s healing (Ooo-hoo)
So tonight go and read in verse 9 (read)
Romans 10- go and kneel- pray to Christ
Confess Christ and receive eternal life!

Woohoo!
………………………………………………………………..


2 comments: