Monday, July 6, 2020

Urkel's Brain (song)

I love Jesus first and foremost. I also enjoy a lot of classic television shows, particularly ones that remind me of Jesus. I can hardly think of a more Christlike character on television than Steve Urkel on "Family Matters". There is even an episode where Steve gets saved and gives his heart to The Lord! Of course, while that always brings a revolution in one's heart- and surely it did for Steve- he was still the prince of the geeks and nerds to so many. I can identify as one who's been called Urkel myself (and Irwin "Skippy" Handleman from "Family Ties", for that matter). I take both as compliments. Steve certainly had confidence and determination and I can definitely respect that. Laura came to respect it too eventually as she was finally won over by Urkel's charm, personality, morality and certainly brain.

"Urkel's Brain" 
(Parody of "Purple Rain" by Prince and The Revolution)
(Parody copyright by Nathan Ludwick 6/5/2019)
(Proverbs 13:12)

I never meant to cause you any sorrow
I never meant to cause you any pain
I only wanted to spend time with (the) Winslow family
I only wanted to woo you
Laura with Steve Urkel's brain

Urkel's brain, Urkel's name
Urkel's brawn, Urkel's charm
Urkel's looks, Urkel's game
I know you want me (to leave you)
Wearing you down- Urkel's staying

All I ever wanted's to be your geek in armor
I always wanted to be more than just friends
Crazy for you! Could I steal you from another?
Don't feel the same? Our friendship never ends

All the same, you're my flame
Girl, you're sayin' Urkel's insane
Girl, I'm prayin' - Ride Love Train
I only want to be with you
Laura Lee, your royal pain

Harriette, Carl, Eddo 
Winslow- minds are changing
Richie, Rachel- shout out
Mom Estelle please, missing Judy
You take Stefan or Steve, girl
But though it seems (a) no-brainer, you'll find
Who loves you best- no contest
So yes- did I do that? Steve Urkel's saying

Girl, you're swaying (to) polka playing
(Has) Urkel changed or your heart changed?
Like Waldo and Maxine belong together
And 3J's on hand
Urkel's strange but rearranged
Your whole life- Want to see you
Happy- God blessed me! You'll
Wear Steve Urkel's ring!

............................................

2 comments: