Saturday, September 26, 2020

Jesus Reinstates Me (song)

 It's amazing how we can go from high to low so easily. We make bold declarations of faith and then soon find ourselves quickly abandoning them. Peter had a moment like that when he was lying and all about knowing Jesus, which he so wished he could take back later. And even though he was three times a traitor, he still repented three times and Jesus reinstated him. Peter went on to become one of the main leaders of the early church. Where sin ran deep, God's love ran deeper. Hallelujah! What a Saviour!


"Jesus Reinstates Me"

(Parody of "Three Times A Lady" by Lionel Richie and performed by The Commodores; copyright by Nathan Ludwick 6/22/2020)

(1 John 4:7-21, 1 Peter 5:1-4, Luke 22:31-34, Luke 22:54-62, John 21:15-19)

Crank out the sign that You've given me

The memories are all in The Bible

And now that it's come true

I'm in tears- the cock crowed

He's turning- Jesus saw me now

(Chorus 1)

I'm once, twice, three times a traitor

And Christ told me!

Yes, I'm once, twice, three times a traitor

Can You love me?

I snubbed You!


Betrayed then by me; my Lord's in pain

Betrayed Lord Christ just as He foretold

By the guy who would give his life away with Him

I'm in grief, bitterly moaning, crying too


(Repeat Chorus 1)


When we ate together

Restorement over fish

"Feed My sheep" three times imparts

"Do you love Me?" "You know I do."

"Follow Me- I'll lead you."

"You're still going to glorify God."


(Chorus 2)

God's love abides in Jesus my Saviour

Lord, I love You!

21 John- three times reinstated

Lord, I love You!

Yes, God's love abides in Jesus my Saviour

I love You!

He loves you!




2 comments: