Sunday, April 13, 2014

Love Note (song)



So, for the record, I do like to original songs and other things as well besides just parody songs. :-) And this was inspired by the note above that I found in a book one time and I thought it was the cutest, sweetest and awesomest thing ever! :-) What a great witness from "out of the mouths of babes" (of which God has ordained praise)! (Matthew 21:16; Psalms 8:2). I love Jesus because He first loved me. (1 John 4:19) Do you love Jesus? He loves you like crazy! :-)

"Love Note"
Original song; copyright Nathan Ludwick 1/25/2014
John 3:16-17, Matthew 18:1-6, Jeremiah 33:3

Verse 1

Sometimes it seems like yesterday
I was sitting at a desk in third grade
Trying to learn multiplication tables
Remember feeling so grown up back then
And dreaming of what it'd be like in the future
Trying to pay attention in class
While writing out a note to pass
Will that little red haired girl say, 'Yes'?

Chorus 1
Pass this note down to her please
I've got to know just where we stand
She opens it up then just to read
"I like you. Do you like me?"
"Check yes or no."
Pass it back to me

Verse 2

Now we sit back here and laugh
At the silly things we did in the past
I guess only kids write notes like that
Yeah, not so subtle; but totally honest
At least we were brave enough to just ask

(Repeat Chorus 1)

Bridge

But love like that just can't hold back
And I still believe in that love and faith
If I'm like a child then I'm in good company
'Cause to enter Heaven, Jesus said, "Have faith like a child"- yes, that's the key
So I nailed my sins to the cross of Calvary
And I'm empty of guilt like Jesus' empty tomb
With a heart of faith and prayer, I pass this note down to you...

Chorus 2

Pass this note down to all who please
I've got to know just where you stand
So open it up then just to read
"I love Jesus. Do you love Jesus?"
"Check yes or no."
He loves you eternally!

(Repeat Chorus 2)
[and fade into...]
"Oh, how He loves you and me."
"Oh, how He loves you and me."
"He gave His life- what more could He do?"
"Oh, how He loves you."
"Oh, how He loves me."
"Oh, how He loves you and me."
.........................................................................................

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kevin. I thought that note was the sweetest and coolest thing when I saw it. :-) I must admit that I was definitely inspired as far as style goes by Chris Rice's "My Tree" song with this one.

    ReplyDelete