Sunday, April 27, 2014

Stumped By A Riddle From You (song)

Well, if I can steal the wheel away from original songs and poetry, etc. one more time- I've got another parody to post today. Though it may seem like a riddle when other writings will come, don't worry- I do have other things I hope to post soon. For today, I thought you might enjoy pondering this ancient riddle. "Out of the eater, something to eat. Out of the strong, something sweet."
If you think you already know this and know the whole story behind it, don't write this song off yet- or the guy who gave the riddle either. You never know how God is going to work somewhere and use even the worst mess-ups and mistakes (from our limited point of view) to accomplish His will and achieve Him glory in the end. :-)




Stumped By A Riddle From You
(parody of "Stuck in the Middle with You" by Stealer's Wheel; copyright by Nathan Ludwick 3/13/2014)
(Judges 14-15 [particularly Judges 14:4], Romans 8:28, 1 Timothy 1:15-17, Hebrews 11:32-40)



Well, all I know is I came to get down tonight- I got appointed as Samson's friend- nice!
Unprepared, I face him call out a dare and I'm wondering how I'll get the answer

Strong gave something sweet, eater gave a bite- Here I am- stuck with a riddle from you
Yes, I'm stumped by a riddle from you and I'm wondering what it is I should do

30 garments we compile if we win the game- losing, we'll owe Samson 30 of the same
Now it's a 7 day feast; 29 other guys and here I am- stumped by a riddle from you

"Well, go charm it out of husband," we say now to her, the wife of Samson.
Or we'll incinerate you, darling- family also, lass- so say please, please.

Trying to make some sense of riddle, but I can't seem to make no sense of it.
It's not cool to go to the feast and become poor. It's been three days- we threatened on Day Four.
Crying is her weaponry, broken by his wife- nick of time- (she) bummed off the answer from you.

Well, we spouted out the answer- (you) said we plowed with your (uh) heifer, man.
God's Spirit- He comes a-falling- Ashkelon- you bash thirty men- easy. (easy).

Well, all I know (is) the lion sleeps tonight. We found by cheating nothing's strong as lion.
What compares with taste of honey's sweet nectar? Yeah, we won but now hand-me-downs we wear.

But with the Philistines- Judges 14 writes it all down- stunts lead to quibbles and feuds.
Yet the muck God could still pull and use. Stuff intermingles as You choose. (So) Here I am- struck by the Mystery of You.
.............................................................




2 comments:

  1. Nice song (and ending to it)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kevin. Glad you liked it. I must admit that most all of my parodies are inspired by ApologetiX's style- and I like to try to tie in such true Bible accounts to the larger spiritual truths we can take from it. :-)

    ReplyDelete