Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Worrier (song)

"And tho' this world with devils filled should threaten to undo us...We will not fear for God hath willed His Truth to triumph through us- Dost ask who this might be? Christ Jesus- it is He! Lord Sabaoth is His Name- From age to age the same- And He must win the battle!" - ("A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" by Martin Luther)

There are all kinds of scandals out in the world and fears and concerns and trials and tribulations to worry about- but The One who has conquered the world tells us to take heart- He is in control and when we know Jesus as Savior and follow Him- there's no need to worry about anything. Quit being the worrier and become the warrior that Romans 8 declares followers of Christ to be! :-)

"The Worrier"
(parody of "The Warrior" by Scandal featuring Patty Smyth; copyright by Nathan Ludwick 9/12/2014)
(Psalms 37:23-29, Psalms 104:24-28, Psalms 81:16, Psalms 145:13-21, 1 Peter 5:6-7, Philippians 4:19, Matthew 6:25-34, 2 Timothy 1:6-7, 1 John 4:18, Luke 10:38-42, Philippians 4:4-8, Hebrews 11:1-6, 2 Corinthians 5:7, Habakkuk 2:4, John 16:33, Proverbs 28:1, John 14:1, Psalms 23, John 10, Romans 8)

Ohhh! Ohhh!

We've sung "Trust And Obey"
It's so hard to do in faith
Feeding all those hungry guys
Big Macs tonight; can't get French fries

Well, isn't God providing?
So why's my worldview so negative?
Break out the Ramen please
That's all we eat like stereotypical guys
Love pays no bills
I'm Martha's child

Luke 10:41- my namesake
Good grief!
I am a worrywart
Well, I am the Worrier!
And Father knows our needs
He will provide- Don't worry, sir- Don't worry, girl
Well, talk's easy and cheap
4:19 (in) Philippians- read
It's easy when things are nice
Life crashing makes it rather trite (Ohhh!)
Who, by worry, adds or gains?
God knows my needs- (I'll) call His Name
Behold, He clothes the field lilies
Solomon's array's got zilch on this style
So don't be afraid- God's got all of us, child

Fretting brings me only heartburn
Aw, sheesh!
I am the worrier
Well, I am the worrier
So fearful heart, trust Him!
He will provide- Good Shepherd, yeah- Psalms 23!
He's God- Jehovah Jireh!

Hebrews 11- it's faith-based (Hebrews 11 verse 6 says)
The righteous one- by faith- to please The Lord
So fearful heart, trust Him! (Fearful heart, trust Him!)
He will provide- Don't worry, sir- Don't worry, girl

Working out good- all things- God makes
Rom. 8
I've been the worrier
Now I'm more than conqueror!
Got victory through Christ!

(Seeking God first- all things added- yay!)
6 Matthew- yeah- Trust Him- The Lord Savior!
Shooting down the walls that fear made
Bang, bang
He is The Warrior
Well, I trust my Lord Savior!
(fade)

.............................................................

(I thought it was worth nothing that this parody song was directly inspired by a sermon from my home church circa September 2014- my pastor used the exact phrase that I used for the name of this song- and it brought to mind this classic '80s song and the parody quickly came together from there. And as always, ultimately, it's God who brings all these things to mind and I trust He uses them all for His glory. :-))

1 comment: