Sunday, February 24, 2019

This Looks Like a Job for the Son of Man!

Sometimes I feel like Jor-El on Krypton trying to warn the political leaders and other scientists that the planet is about to explode!  Sometimes it feels like, "My joy is gone; grief is upon me, my heart is sick within me." (Jeremiah 8:18)
    I keep trying to share the Word God has given me- the Gospel of Jesus Christ- the Good News that God loves us and even though our sin separates us from Him and condemns us to Hell, He wants to save us from that! That's why Jesus died and rose- to pay for the consequence of all our sins. When we put faith in His completed work for us and follow Him, we have salvation and eternal life! :-)
   Yet so many are still so lost and refuse to see the Lord who could save them and would do so if they'd let Him! (Luke 13:34)
".....I have become a laughingstock all the day; everyone mocks me. For whenever I speak, I cry out, I shout, 'Violence and destruction!' For the word of The Lord has become for me a reproach and derision all day long. If I say, 'I will not mention Him, or speak any more in His Name,' there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot." (Jeremiah 20:7b-9)
   "But The Lord is with me as a dread warrior; therefore my persecutors will stumble; they will not overcome me. They will be greatly shamed, for they will not succeed. Their eternal dishonor will never be forgotten." (Jeremiah 20:11)

"Oh that my head were waters, and my eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!" (Jeremiah 9:1)
" ....'Return, faithless Israel, declares The Lord. I will not look on you in anger, for I am merciful, declares The Lord. Only acknowledge your guilt, that you rebelled against The Lord your God....." (Jeremiah 3:12-13)
   God longs to save everyone if we'll let Him. We have to admit we haven't obeyed Him and turn to the only One who has perfectly obeyed- Lord God Jesus!
And no matter the response, we must keep declaring this Gospel wherever God sends us.

"But The Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a youth,"; for to all whom I send you, you shall go and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you," declares The Lord." (Jeremiah 1:7-8)

So like Superman continues to fight the never-ending battle, keep fighting the good fight and "never tire of doing what is right." (2 Thessalonians 3:13)
 Some will listen- some won't; that's up to the Holy Spirit. Just as Superman fights for Truth, Justice and the American way- keep fighting for the Truth, Life and the Only Way! He will help you handle whatever action you face in the fray and He will return one day to take those who love Him up, up and away! Until that blessed day, stay strong holding on to the One who's still the Son of Man and Man of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow- the Son of God- and know that The Father holds us firmly in His palms and His plans move forward on course stronger than a locomotive- faster than a speeding bullet and able to leap tall buildings of doubt in a single bound- yet they will all come together in His time and to His plan.
May this brief visit in the Fortress of Solitude give you some respite from the devil's Kryptonite and strengthen you for the race before us. Onward and upward- but always in His strength. This looks like (because it is) a job for the only real Super Man. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Always comforting to know the real Super Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. He's faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! :-)

    ReplyDelete