Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Getting A Cold Drink That Lives On (song)

Well, I may get some flack for this, but I guess God has given me a knack for doing parody songs. (If they're actually good- if not, it's all me- lol.) This song talks about something else God gives freely- the gift of living water that becomes a spring of water welling up to eternal life! Jesus offers this gift to all who will believe and trust Him. :-)

"Getting A Cold Drink That Lives On" (parody of "Killing Me Softly with his Song" by Roberta Flack; copyright Nathan Ludwick 8/22/2014)
(John 4)

Chumming around with a stranger
Speaking me life with His words
Sitting there weary in 4 John
"Give Me please some drink"- Ain't it wrong?
Telling my whole life with His words
Giving me mercy- says He's God

A tourist from Judea
He floored me with His style
This Samaritan woman
Did listen for a while
And there I was- this non-Jew
A stranger they despise

(He's) Bumming a drink from a stranger
(I'm) Thinking He's Christ by His words
Living water He gives out now
Welling up life eternally strong
Welling to new life- give me, Sir
Nailing me- Sixteen in 4 John

I asked Jesus for water
Embarrassed by just how
I felt He'd read my letters
And called me out right now
He stated out all my business
But even then Christ loved

Cut to the chase- all those misters
Springer would like (me) for his show
"Call for him," Christ says- "your husband."
Telling Him rightly, "I have none."
"Well, girl you've had five and what's more"
"That man ain't your hubby you're with now"

He spoke truth, yeah- He knew me
In all my dark despair
And when He looked right through me
I knew there's something there
And we just kept on talking
On worshipping Lord God

Coming a time when it's different
(In) Spirit and truth must worship
Telling me God seeks such as those
Telling me God is spirit, hon'
Tell Him I know Christ will explain
Telling me He speaks with you now!

(Oh, oh, oh- la, la, la............)

Coming back then, His disciples
Marveling that Christ's talking to a girl
Leaving my jar there, went to town
Telling the folks to see this Man
(Who's) telling my whole life with His words
Can it be?

They were coming to Him
Yeah, they're believing in Christ
My testimony brought them on
Many more believed when they saw
Hearing for themselves all His words
Winning us over
With His love

....................................................................................

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kevin. :-) Even if it were frosted, I'd still prefer Frosted Flakes to Frosted Flaks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete